The Diary of a Displaced Housewife is now Life In Fuchsia…


'The Diary of the Displaced Housewife' is now 'Life in Fuschia'

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dastkar Ranthambore




Look what my personal Santa (aka mommy) bought me! 


I love the convenience of a drawstring bag when all I need is something compact to hold my few essentials on a quick run to the grocery store but this guy is plain adorable… far more worthy methinks of just a mad dash to Tarjet! The best part, however, is that this line of crafts come from the Dastkar Ranthambore, a not for profit organization based in Rajasthan, India. 


The pop of hot pink (now that’s what I call ‘mithai’ pink!) against the lightly burnt orange with the Ggrrrowly tiger motifs… I love this potli! 

Lookie here! The gifts keep on coming!

 
These amazing soaps are handmade in Pondicherry and smell sooo divine! They remind me those lotus filled pools in the palaces of yesteryears… now of course we live in a world of rationed water supplies with no lotuses. Such a tragedy but at least we’ll always have our soaps! Every girl needs a little everyday luxury!

And who are you foxy lady?  Now that is another post and another tale… stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment