The Diary of a Displaced Housewife is now Life In Fuchsia…


'The Diary of the Displaced Housewife' is now 'Life in Fuschia'

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Makeup For Indian Skin: MAC Penultimate Liner Vs. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner


Make Up for Indian Skin Series: Battle of the Eyeliners!

What I Look For In A Liner: 
Ease of use - For everyday I prefer a liquid pen liner
Staying Power - I need something that won't make me look like I've been in the ring with Tyson, black eyes et al!
Intensity Of Pigment - Black has to blacker than the midnight sky… just ask any indian girl!

Product: MAC Penultimate Liner in Rapid Black
Like every self-respecting Indian girl, I’ve had a long lasting relationship with black eyeliner. In my quest for the perfect black liner I’ve tried em all.. Gels, felt tips, kajal sticks, pencils, kohls, cotton swabs (don’t even ask) and a multitude of brands from the Indian stand by of Lakme to international faves like Lancôme to Cargo. Recently having run out of Lancôme’s art liner (which is phenomenally easy to use but has zilch lasting abilities) I decided to try out a new liner. Enter the MAC Penultimate Liquid liner… I really wanted this to work after being a MAC Fluidline devotee for a long time, but I honestly was not impressed with this liner. 

The tip is stiff which makes it hard to maneuver. This issue is compounded by the fact that you don’t get enough pigment and need to go over your eyelid over and over again. Quite pricey for a liner, I expected much much more from this liner, as I’m a huge fan of everything MAC and was sorely disappointed.

I will say that it lasts a tad bit longer than Lancôme’s Art liner and is easy to tote around in your handbag without making a mess. (I’ve had one too many purses ruined by badly designed make up containers.) But definitely not an item I would recommend or re purchase.  


With Flash -Left:MAC Penultimate Liner Right: Stila Stay All Day Liner

My Well Worn Liners

Without Flash -Left:MAC Penultimate Liner Right: Stila Stay All Day Liner

Product: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
After impatiently waiting for the Mac Penultimate liner to get over, I bought the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. And what happened? The heavens opened and rays of divine light illuminated the cherubs heralding my new favorite make up product of all time!

The Stila flexible felt tip makes lining your eyes a cinch and is very easy to maneuver without having to tug at your eye. While still not as easy to use as Lancôme art liner, this trumps all by having good staying power. I can use this in the morning and still have liner on in the evening! The slim size is easy in your hand and great to tight line your eyes. My only grouse is I wish this had more intensity as a jet-black liner but considering its staying power I’ll settle! So I hope you’ll try this for all those come hither eye make up looks and tell me what you think…  Just perfect for the festive season and all those parties. This is also cheaper than the MAC liner which is a bonus.

Next up I have the L'oreal Intense Liner I'm waiting to try out since I've heard such great things about it! Also did I mention its so much cheaper than even the Stila? 

Tell me what’s your fave liner?

No comments:

Post a Comment